21.1.13 UPTOWN BOY + DOWNTOWN GIRL


When I was a kid and one pronounced their love of something be it a toy, food or otherwise we would mock "Why don't you marry it?!". A ridiculous remark that at a tender age left you wishing you could un-declare your feelings, though if someone were to throw this at me today I would begin preparations for a shotgun wedding. Upon discovering the Osso Chair by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec it was love at first sight. Masterfully designed, the smooth flowing timber grain lightly stained in grey ash is my idea of the perfect man made manifest as a piece of modern furniture. He also has brothers - a low stool, high stool, and armchair, but unfortunately in this case I won't be marrying into this family. At a cost of $1350 it's a case of uptown boy and downtown girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment