19.7.12 COLDS & GIGANTIC POM POMS

An even later start today due to the one thing I hate about winter, a cold... great. In the hope that it might be super short lived I will attempt to ignore it and move right along to talk about how much I am loving wool right now.

I have been wanting to do some knitting all winter and what with all the projects I've been working on just haven't had a chance. Now we are half way through the season I'm going to be pressed to find any nice wool if I don't get onto it.

This cascade of pom poms and tassels Nikki Gabriel did for a window installation has me wanting to re-visit my macrame work and experiment with weaving wool. It's images like this that cement my passion for using modern craft as an interior decorating tool. Whether I will have time to experiment or not remains to be seen but in the meantime imagine how incredible something like this might look in your interior?

Btw, Nikki has opened her first store 'Gather' in Napier, New Zealand which also stocks some of my kits. Check it out if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment